- This event has passed.
Live from Prague: The Czech EU Presidency and the new European order
7.November 2022 19:00 - 21:00
Since July, the Czech Republic holds the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union. Well into the second half of its six month term dominated by the Russian war of aggression and the energy crisis, we are sending live from the Czech capital Prague in cooperation with the German Society for Eastern European Studies, the German Embassy and the Institute of International Studies (IMS) at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University.
Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has shattered all certainties of European politics. How profound will the so-called “historic turning point” be? What are the consequences of the fact that security policy and energy policy in Europe can no longer be made together with Russia, but against it? What significance does this have for the relationship between the European Union and NATO, for relations between the East-Central European states and Germany, for German-Czech relations – bilaterally and in the EU?
Security Policy in Times of War
- Jan Jireš (Deputy Minister of Defence CZ)
- Jakub Eberle (Institute of International Relations Prague)
- Kai-Olaf Lang (Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik, Berlin)
- Moderation: Zuzana Lizcová (Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, Prague)
Energy policy in the field of tension between ecology and security
- Tomáš Ehler (Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade CZ)
- Andreas Rau (Net4Gas, Prague)
- Christoph Podewils, (Author “Germany and Electricity”, DEU)
- Moderation: Volker Weichsel (German Society for Eastern European Studies, DEU)
The discussion will take place in English. Subtitles in German will be available.
Date: Montag, 7.11.2022, 19:00 hrs CET
Register here: Link to registration
Do join us on Monday and invite others, too!
Maximilian Fries and everyone at Europe Calling