- This event has passed.
Europe Calling “Europe’s Industry Revolution?” with EU Commission Vice-President & Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager
13.February 2023 19:00 - 20:30
Europe’s green industry needs to be strengthened – the climate crisis makes the sustainable transformation of our economy more urgent than ever and the global race for “net-zero” technologies is in full swing. In response to the US Inflation Reduction Act and to remain competitive, the EU Commission therefore presented the Green Deal Industrial Plan in early February.
How good are these plans? Will providing more subsidies only help the big countries and leave weaker ones behind? What do we need so that justice in the internal market is not (further) weakened? Do we need a new fund to boost green investments?
One thing is clear: this is a huge task ahead of us!
Therefore, we invite Members of the European Parliament from different political groups to discuss the proposal of the EU Commission together with Margrethe Vestager, Executive Vice President of the EU Commission! This will be followed by a technical discussion with the economic expert Achim Truger and the Federation of German Industries.
When? Monday, 13.2.2023, 19:00 – 20:30 hrs CET (Brussels/Berlin)
Our guests are:
- Margrethe Vestager – Executive Vice President of the EU Commission for a Europe for the Digital Age & EU Commissioner for Competition.
- Prof. Dr. Achim Truger – German economist and member of Germany’s Council of Economic Experts
- Dr. Heiko Willems – Managing Director at BDI/BDA The German Business Representation in Brussels
These Members of the European Parliament invite you to attend:
- Anna Cavazzini – Greens/EFA, Chair of the Internal Market and Consumer Protection Committee and Shadow Rapporteur of the Parliament Resolution on the Green Deal Industrial Plan.
- Rasmus Andresen – Greens/EFA, Spokesperson of the German Delegation, Spokesperson on Budgetary Policy and Member of the Economic Committee
- Michael Bloss – Greens/EFA, Group spokesperson on climate policy and member of the Environment Committee and the Industry and Energy Committee
- René Repasi – S&D, Member of the Internal Market Committee, Substitute Member of the Economic Committee
- Martin Hojsík – Renew, Member of the Environment Committee, Alternate Member of the Budget Committee
Join us – and take advantage of this rare chance to put your questions directly to the Vice-President of the EU Commission and this high-level panel!
The webinar will be simultaneously translated into German and English.
With European greetings,
Maximilian Fries and everyone at Europe Calling