- This event has passed.
“Power to the People – How do rising living costs affect your life?” – A European citizens’ assembly
16.February 2023 19:00 - 21:00
As rising living costs are affecting people in all the different countries around Europe, we want to invite you to share your personal experience with it:
What does inflation mean for your life?
How are you adapting to it?
How does it influence your perspective of the future?
As everyone of us is affected by political choices on the European Level, we want to complement expert discussions by discussions between us, the citizens. To make all voices heard, we will split up into small groups to give everybody a trusted space to speak.
This event is a chance to express yourself and to listen and learn about different perspectives on shared European problems.
Because reflecting on common fears, hopes and challenges is the first step of building a European community of citizens that can make their voices heard. As we all sit in one boat, we should start navigating it together!
When? Thursday, 16 February 2023 – 7 pm to 9 pm CET (Brussels/Berlin)
Register right here: Link to registration
With inputs from:
- Csenge Schneider-Lonhart, Desire Foundation, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Diletta Belotti, Agromafia campaigner, writer & poet, Palermo, Italy
- And more..
How will it work?
- In the first 15 minutes, our guests will give short inputs to lay the ground, with interpretation into German, English and Italian.
- Then, we will go into small break-out rooms where everyone can speak, for a total of 60 minutes. The rooms will be in individual languages without interpretation.
- Back in the big room, we will share what has been said in the smaller rooms, listen and discuss for 30 minutes – with interpretation into German, English and Italian.
This is the third event of the European “Power to the People”-Cooperative of the organizations: European Alternatives, European University Institute, Europe Calling, Mehr Demokratie, Another Europe is Possible, Citizens Takeover Europe. Here to our first & second webinar.
Please join us for this exciting event connecting citizens from all over Europe!
With European wishes,
Max and everyone at Europe Calling