- This event has passed.
Europe Calling “Urgent webinar: The situation in Nagorno-Karabakh”
27.September 18:30 - 20:00
The situation in the South Caucasus is a cause of great concern. Following the invasion of Nagorno-Karabakh by Azerbaijani troops, the Armenian population there is facing flight or expulsion. Many observers fear that Azerbaijan will now also attack Armenian territory in order to create a connecting corridor to Turkey.
The situation is explosive and is already disappearing from the daily news. That is why we are inviting you, together with the Gesellschaft für Osteuropakunde (Society for Eastern European Studies), to this urgent webinar with experts from the region, in order to gain a better impression of the situation on the ground and possible help.
- Shushanik Nersesyan from the Czech aid organisation “People in Need” working in Armenia (support here)
- Thomas de Waal, senior fellow with Carnegie Europe, specialising in Eastern Europe and the Caucasus region
- Narek Sukiasyan, American University of Armenia and Yerevan State University
- Robin Wagener, German Federal Government Coordinator for Inter-Societal Cooperation with the Southern Caucasus, the Republic of Moldova and Central Asia and Member of the Bundestag for Green Party
- Moderation: Volker Weichsel from the magazine Osteuropa, and Maximilian Fries from Europe Calling e.V.
Date: Wednesday, 27.9.2023, 18:30 – 20:00 CEST (Berlin/Brussels).
Register here: https://t1p.de/arzhp
Join us yourself and invite others.
The webinar will be simultaneously translated into German and English.
With European greetings,
Maximilian Fries and all at Europe Calling e.V.