- This event has passed.
Europe Calling live from the COP28 World Climate Conference
11.December 2023 14:00 - 15:30
The last decisive days of the World Climate Conference in Dubai have begun. Whether on the binding phase-out of oil, coal and gas, or on the ambitious target for renewables and energy efficiency: the resistance is huge – not least due to the historic number of over 2,400 fossil fuel lobbyists at the climate conference. They are counting on their destructive influence going unnoticed by the public. They must not be allowed to get away with this!
That is why we are going live to the United Arab Emirates on Monday, where Michael Bloss MEP and his team are bringing together scientists, activists and decision-makers to ask: Where do the negotiations stand? Where are the lines of conflict? What will it take over the next few days for this climate conference to make a real contribution to saving the climate – and not just go down in history as a big lobby fest?
Joining us will be from science, politics and civil society:
- James G. Dyke, Klimawissenschaftler an der University of Exeter und Ko-Author des Global Tipping Point Report
- Ignacio Villaroya, Klimaaktivist aus Argentinien
- Chiara Martinelli, Direktorin des Think Tanks “Climate Action Network Europe”
- Ricarda Lang, Bundesvorsitzende von Bündnis90/Die Grünen
- Michael Bloss, Klimapolitischer Sprecher der Grünen/EFA im Europaparlament
Date: Monday, 11.12.2023, 14:00 to approx. 15:30 (CET/Brussels time)
The webinar will be held in English with German subtitles.
With climate-friendly greetings,
Max and everyone at Europe Calling